Friday, February 20, 2009

Shopping Sales

So I used to, just a few short days ago, be a one stop shopper. I don't have time to go from store to store just to get a better deal.

That all changed when I watched a show on TLC called Kids by the Dozen. The Mom of 11 kids at home said she did all her food shopping for about $150 per week. Wow, That is what I spend on food for a family of 5 and she is spending as much as me for a family of 13. How the hell is she doing that??? So here is how.

First they grow and can alot. Not my style and I am fine with that but she shops the sales. She has 3 freezers and she keeps them full of meat that she gets on sale. So I cracked open the paper this week and went thru the food ads and found chicken for 79 cents a pound, milk for 1.99 a gallon, roast for 78 cents a pound, jimmy dean sausage 2 for 1, ground beef 1.69 a pound, polish sausage for 99 cents a pound and I stocked up. I now have meat for the next two weeks plus and am so looking forward to next weeks ads. I still went to my main store, walmart for most of my stuff but went to 2 other stores and it is already making a huge difference in my food budget. Oh and all of the stores that I chose to shop at are all within a mile and a half of eachother so it was quick.

1 comment:

Noah's Mommy said...

I have always wondered...but have never tried...I may have to give it a shot.....