Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shopping Alternatively

I found a great place to shop and save money. We have a Cash and Carry store here. I discovered it when I was doing some shopping on the run for our 4H concession stand to replenish some food that we ran out of in the middle of the day. They sent me to this Cash and Carry. I had heard about it but never shopped there assuming it was just for business owners. I was even a bit nervous thinking that they would ask me for proof of what I was buying these huge cans of chili and nacho cheese, but no they even told me that as long as I had a debit card, credit card or cash I could shop there any ol' time I want. WOW! I have been back every week since!!

I buy chips for my family, you can get 50 bags of lunch size chips for $11.99, that lasts, my family of 5, 2 weeks sometimes. I get 40 pre formed burgers for about $20 which is great for big get togethers or several meals. My kids buy candy in bulk and resell it for a profit to their friends. there are some great bargains in there and I am discovering new ones all the time.

just be careful in stores like this because I have found a few things that are not great deals. Produce in these stores are usually not a great deal since it is sold in large quantities and would go bad before you could use it. All the meat items seem to be great deals. Most come portioned out so they are really convenient too.

So check out your local Cash and Carry type store and bring home some great deals!!

Have a great day!!! Check out my published article!!
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1104747/how_to_plan_meals_and_shop_on_a_budget.html?cat=22

No comments: